Spotting Bed Bug Infestations: They may not cause many problems, but bed bugs sure are gross. What they lack in disease transference they more than make up for in making your skin crawl. These microscopic nuisances feed on you while you sleep, and do so in such a way that you may not notice it for a long, long time, not until they’ve multiplied well beyond the point of infestation.
If you pay attention though, you can spot bed bug infestations before they get out of hand. Small as these things are, you have to look close, and you have to stay on top of the situation.
The minute you become suspicious, keep your eyes peeled for the following telltale signs of these unwanted visitors and you just might stop their assault in its tracks:
- Small bite marks on your body in areas mosquitoes wouldn’t have easy access to
- If you wake up itching in spots you can’t remember itching the night before
- Unexplained bloodstains on your pillowcases and sheets
- Other tiny spots on your sheets, mattress, or the wall around your bed—these could be anything from bed bug fecal droppings to eggs to shed bug skins
- A new, musty odor in your bedroom
If you notice any of these signs, remove the sheets from your mattress, inspect your mattress fibers closely, and lift your mattress off of your box spring to inspect its underside and your box spring’s surface. Bed bugs love these spaces because they provide easy access to your sleeping body and a hidden location to which they can sneak off after feasting.
Bed Bug Infestations? Rest Easy and Call Us.
Once you start looking for it, you should be able to tell very quickly if you’ve got a situation worth worrying about. And if you do, call Rest Easy Pest Control. We have the experience and know-how to help make your bed bug problem a thing of the past.