How To Get Rid of Household Bugs
Household bugs can damage homes, spread disease, cause allergies and asthma to worsen, and contaminate food—not to mention give everyone the creepy-crawlies. Whether it’s ants, termites, cockroaches, fleas, bed bugs, stink bugs, or some other household bug, they need to go! Now, the question is, How to get rid of household bugs?
Fortunately, if you’re noticing signs of household bugs—such as cockroach droppings or termite-damaged wood—there are steps you can take to eradicate the pests, including the following 10 recommendations.
Follow these 10 Recommendations to get rid of household bugs:
1. Make sure you have no open food packages, dirty dishes, exposed pet food, or garbage cans that don’t tightly seal.
2. Reduce clutter, such as piles of newspapers, particularly around areas where food is stored and prepared.
3. Thoroughly vacuum everywhere possible. Pull out refrigerators, stoves, and furniture and vacuum the areas underneath and behind their usual locations. Allergen-reducing vacuum cleaners that meet the HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arresting) standards do the best job. When you’re finished, seal the vacuum bags in plastic and dispose of them outside of the home.
4. Wash hard surfaces (e.g., countertops, tables) with warm water mixed with a mild soap or detergent. After cleaning, wipe again with clean water to rinse. Also wash “out-of-the-way” areas such as the insides of your stove burners, your dishwasher interior, the rubber seals of your refrigerator, and the insides of cabinets and drawers.
5. Clean small appliances such as toasters and microwave ovens.
6. Wash all rugs, curtains, and dirty clothes.
7. Conduct a methodical examination of your home, looking for and sealing gaps, cracks, and holes in walls, baseboards, windows, and screens, as well as leaky faucets and pipes.
8. Attach door sweeps on doors that lead outside.
9. Install mesh screens on air vents, smaller the ¼ of an inch.
10. Call a professional pest-control exterminator. Over-the-counter pesticides are largely ineffective and can be dangerous if used improperly. Call an exterminator or Call us today and solve it the right the first time!