Get Rid of Bees and Wasps
If you need to get rid of bees and wasps around your home, you can try to remove them yourself.
However, unless you know what you’re doing, you can get hurt. If you cause them to swarm about you, you can be stung hundreds of times, which can be fatal. At the very least, you’ll be in serious agony and need emergency medical care.
And you don’t have to be swarmed to have medical problems. While most people have only localized pain and swelling due to a single sting or a few stings, some people have severe allergic reactions. Bees and wasps are nothing to play around with.
In addition to the danger, trying to get rid of bees and wasps yourself isn’t a good idea because you can make the problem worse by spreading their pheromones, which will most likely lead to further infestation.
To get rid of bees and wasps, it’s much wiser to call a professional pest-control specialist, who can:
- Determine the types of wasps or bees that have infested your home or yard and treat accordingly
- Find all nests and safely destroy them, including concealed nests
- Drill into structures if necessary to inject pesticides (Bees and wasps sometimes nest several feet away from where they are entering a structure, and simply putting pesticides into the hole isn’t sufficient in such cases.)
- Spray commercial-grade pesticides that aren’t available to the public
- Educate you about preventative measures you can take to prevent re-infestation
- Set up a regular pesticide treatment schedule.
Don’t be a hero when it comes to trying to get rid of bees and wasps. It’s dangerous, and you probably won’t solve the problem if you have no experience removing them. Call a professional to get the job done right.